Information for MUFC supporters travelling to Galatasaray(A)
We have been liaising with Greater Manchester Police regarding away match travel and they have asked MUST to circulate the following information:
- The MUFC ticket collection point will be on the first floor of The Pointe hotel, which is 100m from Taksim Square. A representative from GMP will be present and will be happy to answer any questions or advise of any changes to the match organisation.
- Coaches will be laid on from Taksim square to the stadium. We are unsure whether these will be free or whether there will be a nominal charge. The journey will take approximately 30 minutes. GMP advise us that they believe this to be the best and safest route to the stadium – the coach route appears safe and without obvious ‘pinch points’. The coach will drop fans inside a secure area at the stadium, avoiding potential contact with home fans outside the stadium.
- Taxis can be taken to the stadium, but be aware that traffic is likely to be heavy so this may not be any quicker.
- It is possible to take the underground Metro to the stadium. However GMP tell us that this is not well policed and they do not consider it a safe way to travel to this match.
- The stadium will be open 2 hours 30 minutes before kick-off and flags are welcome. However no flag poles or pyrotechnics will be permitted and we believe stadium security searches for these items will be thorough.
- No coins are allowed in the stadium. Stadium security will be looking to confiscate these on entry. Payment at kiosks in the stadium is by paper money only and change will be given in tokens that can be redeemed afterwards.
- GMP have been told that there will be a 30-45 minute hold back after the final whistle, but would not be surprised if this was nearer to an hour.
- Coaches will be laid on from the stadium back to the centre afterwards.